The DJM-900nexus improves essential features such as sound quality and fader operability, while being a professional DJ mixer geared towards DJ play, recording and composing songs. It supports PC connection and is equipped with diverse DJ performance functionalities. With the simple twist of a knob DJs can achieve creative results exactly as intended with 6 types of SOUND COLOR FX, the BEAT EFFECT that can match effects to the beat, as well as a built-in X-PAD that allows intuitive operation by using just one finger, creating a wide range of song arranging possibilities.
Pioneer "DJM Series" DJ Mixers are installed as house equipment in well known clubs worldwide, and are used by many DJs due to their exceptional operability and a great diversity of functions that make possible a variety of performance techniques.
1) Built-in 24bit/96kHz 4 IN 4 OUT high performance USB soundcard*1
The onboard USB soundcard can simultaneously input and output audio signals from 4 stereo input and 4 stereo output terminals*2. This soundcard supports 24bit/96kHz high resolution signal processing and can input and output all audio signals with no degradation of sound quality. Once installed to a PC, the settings utility tool can be used to customize the mixer's output signal path to suit various purposes, such as DJ play, song recording or production*3. Furthermore, smooth transitions between DJs are possible thanks to the USB ports installed on the unit's top surface.
2) Various onboard effects enabling diverse song arranging possibilities
The built-in SOUND COLOR FX add three types of effects (SPACE, DUB ECHO, GATE/COMP) to the existing FILTER, CRUSH, and NOISE. By twisting knobs, DJs can achieve creative results as they imagine them and a variety of mix possibilities are made available, including adding original arrangements to songs. In addition, two new types of built-in BEAT EFFECT (SPIRAL, MELODIC) further widen the scope of arrangement possibilities. The equipped X-PAD allows intuitive operation by simply using one finger. This ability to simultaneously manipulate multiple parameters results in performances that make DJs’ creative wishes possible.
SOUND COLOR FX
FILTER, CRUSH, NOISE
SPACE, DUB ECHO, GATE/COMP
DELAY, ECHO, SPIRAL, REVERB, TRANS
FILTER, FLANGER, PHASER, ROBOT, MELODIC
SLIP ROLL, ROLL, REVERSE ROLL
3) High sound quality design precisely reproduces the audio source while thoroughly eliminating noise
The DJM-900nexus is equipped with the same audio input and output circuits as Pioneer's flagship mixer, the DJM-2000, thus achieving accurate reproduction of audio sources. The 32-bit D/A converter is on par with high quality audio equipment, greatly enhancing audio quality not only for the master outputs but also for the headphones and booth outputs as well. Additionally, the high performance 32-bit digital signal processor suppresses digital noise and even analog circuit noise is reduced by using high sound quality balanced hybrid operation amps as well as full balanced output circuits.
4) Newly introduced "High performance channel faders"
The slide mechanism supports the fader knobs with two metal shafts per knob to enable smooth operability without the feeling of looseness, while achieving approximately three times longer durability compared to Pioneer's earlier models*4. Furthermore, the adoption of the new slide mechanism reduces to a minimum, any influence to the faders' internal parts by liquid or dust.
5) DJ performance is enhanced by "PRO DJ LINK" functionality
By connecting the unit via a LAN cable to a PRO DJ LINK-compatible Pioneer DJ player (CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 with firmware Ver.4.00 or later*5)or to a PC with rekordboxTM*6 installed, a song's BPM information and beat location information can be obtained from the DJ player or rekordboxTM*7. This precise BPM information allows effects to be applied without getting off the beat. Furthermore, the built-in quantize mode compensates for BEAT EFFECT operation timing errors automatically, so effects matched to the beat can be applied.
6) All TRAKTOR*8 series functions can be used with simple connection
By connecting the unit to a PC via a single USB cable, all 4 decks (players) inside TRAKTOR can be input simultaneously, and DJ play using all of TRAKTOR's functions can be enjoyed. Also, the DJM-900nexus is a TRAKTOR SCRATCH CERTIFIED*9 compatible mixer, so with TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO / DUO 2, scratch control functions that use time code disk*10 can be used.
7) A variety of functions to enhance DJ performance
- Equipped with an "integrated input selector" that can simultaneously switch all channel inputs.
- Can output time code disk signal for DVS (Digital Vinyl System) software*11 input from a CDJ player or record player to PC via a single USB cable. DJ play using DVS software can be enjoyed without making complicated connections*12.
- Equipped with a "USB connection indicator" that displays the state of soundcard and PC communications, and a "USB audio input indicator" that displays the audio input from a PC. These indicators enable easy checking of the DJM-900nexus' connections.
8) Other features
- The industry's first*13 MIDI (musical instrument digital interface)*14 signal output that changes at beat by beat intervals and a "MIDI LFO function" that can control external devices (such as effectors).
- Fully assignable MIDI functionality can transmit nearly all of the unit's knob and button operation information to external devices such as effectors. As simultaneous control of the DJM-900nexus and external devices is possible, it can also be used as a MIDI controller.
- Each channel is equipped with a switchable 3-band equalizer and 3-band isolator. The equalizer features adjustability from +6dB to -26dB and the isolator from +6dB to -âˆždB.
- Adoption of the "P-LOCK Fader Cap" locking mechanism on the channel fader and cross-fader knobs to prevent them from being knocked loose during usage.
- Automatically recognizes the presence of active operation and input signals and switches to standby mode if the unit is not used or there is no input for the preset amount of time.
*1 The circuit that enhances a PC's audio input and output capabilities. It is also known as an audio interface.
*2 Compatible with both Windows and MacOS. When operated with Windows, 3 or more stereo terminals can be allocated only if ASIO compatible software is used.
*3 Installation of the driver and settings utility software from the included CD-ROM to a PC is required to use the USB soundcard functionality.
*5 Firmware for CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 planned to be released end of February 2011 and end of March 2011 respectively.
*6 The name of Pioneer's DJ song management software included with the CDJ.
*7 Only songs analyzed by rekordboxTM.
*8 DJ software by Native Instruments.
*9 TRAKTOR SCRATCH can be used even without connecting to a soundcard.
*10 A CD/record containing prerecorded time code for the purpose of controlling DVS software.
*11 DJ software for playing music files stored on a PC matched to the playback location and playback tempo of the time code disk.
*12 Not compatible with Scratch LiveTM made by Serato.
*13 As a DJ mixer. Correct as of February 2011, based on Pioneer’s study.
*14 Industry standard for linking electronic musical instruments for performance.
* rekordboxTM is a registered trademark of Pioneer Inc. * TRAKTOR is a registered trademark of Native Instruments.* SCRATCH LIVETM is a registered trademark of Serato Audio Research.
Number of channels
4 audio channels, 2 mic channels
CD/LINE×4 (RCA) , LINE x2 , PHONO×2 (RCA)
DIGITAL IN×4 (COAXIAL)
MIC×2 (XLR & 1/4 inch PHONE dual purpose×1, 1/4 inch PHONE×1)
MASTER OUT×2 (RCA×1, XLR×1)
BOOTH OUT×1 (1/4 inch PHONE)
HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT×1 (top surface 1/4 inch PHONE×1)
REC OUT×1 (RCA)
DIGITAL OUT×1 (COAXIAL)
SEND×1 (1/4 inch PHONE), RETURN×1 (1/4 inch PHONE)
MIDI OUT×1 (5P DIN), USB B port×1, LINK port×1
20 Hz - 20 kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion ratio
0.005% or less
105 dB or greater (LINE)
100 V AC (50 Hz/60 Hz)
331 mm (W) × 409 mm (D) × 108 mm (H)